+251 911 644 522
Mahlet Melkie supports the Climate Finance and LDC team at Climate Analytics as a Climate Finance Policy Analyst, currently working on the IMPACT project.
She has worked as a Climate Change Program Manager and later as Director with an Ethiopian non- governmental organisation, Forum for Environment, from 2009 to 2012. During her time there she has helped in the establishment of an Ethiopian Civil Society Network on Climate Change that has more than 60 member organisations and later coordinated the network. In addition to that, Mahlet has been participating and was involved in the UNFCCC negotiations since 2009 and was one of Climate Action Network’s ‘Southern Capacity Building Fellow’ for the years 2010-2011. Moreover, she has co-chaired the Climate Action Network’s finance working group for the years 2011 to 2012. Mahlet is also one of the four Ethiopians that were selected to participate in the ‘Young African Leaders Forum with the President’ in Washington D.C. in 2010.
Mahlet has a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Social Administration and a Masters degree in Environment and Development from the Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia and masters in Climate and Society at Columbia University, New York, USA.
- Enhancing the Climate Rationale for GCF Proposals Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Kristin Qui (2020)
- Addressing the GCF Investment Criteria Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Kristin Qui (2020)
- Elements of a Strong GCF Proposal Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Rodrigo Narvaez, Kristin Qui (2020)
- Key outcomes of the 13th GCF Board meeting Mahlet Eyassu Melkie (2016)
- Report on decisions at the 12th Meeting of the Green Climate Fund Board Mahlet Eyassu Melkie (2016)
- GCF approved its first batch of project proposals Mahlet Eyassu Melkie (2015)
- Africa's Adaptation Gap: Bridging the Gap - Mobilising Sources Michiel Schaeffer, Florent Baarsch, Gilbert Balo, Kelly de Bruin, Richard Calland, Felix Fallasch, Mahlet Eyassu Melkie, Len Verwey, Sandra Freitas, Laetitia De Marez, Jerome van Rooij, Bill Hare (2015)