Kouassigan supports the global implementation strategies team in several international projects related to national adaptation planning process and low carbon development strategies, with a particular focus on implementation in sub-Sahara francophone Africa.
Prior to joining Climate Analytics in 2016, Kouassigan served as policy analyst and consultant with Washington, DC-based international organisations including the Environmental Pulse Institute (EPI), the United Nations Environment Program’s Regional Office for North America (UNEP RONA) and PYXERA Global on topics in Environment & Development field, especially mainstreaming climate change adaptation and mitigation measures into international corporate volunteer, integrated community development and local content development projects design and implementation, the execution of the United Nations 10-Year Framework of Programmes on Sustainable Consumption and Production (10YFP on SCP) in North America covering the US and Canada, and West African countries transition to green economy.
Kouassigan has researched and co-authored policy publications for the United Nations Environment Program’s Division of Early Warning and Awareness (UNEP DEWA), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the Government of Rwanda (GoR) and the Economic Commission of West African States (ECOWAS).
Kouassigan holds two Masters degrees: one in International Environmental Policy with a specialty in Economics, Sustainability and Development from the Middleburry Insitute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) in California, and one in English with a focus on American History and Politics from the Université de Lomé (Togo) and Université de Poitiers (France). Kouassigan is a Fulbright Alumnus.
- Business-as-unusual: working with Ghana's private sector on climate change adaptation Paolo Cozzi, Kouassigan Tovivo, 03 June 2020
- En route to Katowice: Negotiators from Least Developed Countries prepare for COP24 Manjeet Dhakal, Kouassigan Tovivo, Fahad Saeed, 27 October 2018
- Making use of latest science in adaptation planning Delphine Deryng, Adelle Thomas, Kouassigan Tovivo, 27 July 2018
- Adaptation Futures - a spotlight on climate adaptation in developing countries Maria Bertrand, Inga Menke, Adelle Thomas, Kouassigan Tovivo, Delphine Deryng, 10 July 2018
- Briefing papers
- Synthesis of the Least Developed Countries' NDCs Climate Analytics (2017)
- Gouvernance forestière et climatique en République du Congo : Défis et Perspectives Kouassigan Tovivo, Koffi Koumassi, Michel Bruce, Dr Jan Sindt, Lorraine Brindel (2020)
- Senegal: stocktaking of the integration of climate change in the policies and strategies at national and regional level (in French) Mélinda Noblet, Aichetou Seck, Sarah D’haen, Kouassigan Tovivo (2018)
- Benin: Stocktaking on the integration of climate change in national and sectorial strategies and policies [In French] Kouassigan Tovivo (2018)
- État des lieux de l’intégration du changement climatique dans les politiques et stratégies nationales et sectorielles au Bénin Kouassigan Tovivo (2018)
- Utilisation de l’information et données relatives au changement climatique, ses impacts et l’adaptation dans les politiques et stratégies au Bénin : Résultats des entretiens Kouassigan Tovivo, Janne Ruszkowski, Constant Labitan, Sarah D`haen (2018)
- What role do forests and governance play in countries’ nationally determined contributions to the Paris Climate Agreement? - Case study from Cameroon Michel Bruce, Oladé Balo Akakpo, Dr Mouhamed Ly, Kouassigan Tovivo, Kwadjo Vidja, Dr Jan Sindt, Lorraine Brindel, Amandine Berger (2018)